Emily represents nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations on federal tax and state regulatory issues, as well as other corporate and governance matters. Her practice centers around compliance issues that arise during a organization's daily operations. Think of her as a small business attorney for the nonprofit sector.
The firm advises nonprofit leaders and their boards in the following areas:
- Incorporation/Choice of Entity issues
- Drafting and review of Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- Initial Application for federal tax exemption
- Ongoing counsel on federal tax compliance issues
- State and federal lobbying and policy advocacy compliance rules
- State and Federal tax reporting requirements
- Governance and best practices
- Contract drafting and review
- Mergers and Dissolutions
- Drafting, review and implementation of workplace policies
- Hiring and termination practices
- State and federal employment law compliance issues
If you do not see your issue addressed in the above list, please feel free to call or email to inquire whether the firm can assist you, or direct you to other resources. All new clients receive a free initial consultation.